Thursday, July 15, 2010

Plot... or not

Just in case the "Clarification of Assignments" was inspired by my posts, I'm fully aware that this isn't the place to put official assignments. I'm using this to try and get all these ideas bouncing around in my head into some kind of sensible, organized (albeit sloppy) format before I type up more proper, formal versions to be sent in. With that said, I was going to post a sloppy version of my plot, but I ended up typing way more than anybody would have any reason to read (other than Professor Kaufhold, of course, hehe), so I won't do that.

After wracking out my brain on this to the point where my insanity should no longer be questioned, I'm fairly content with where I've got it, especially since I've got an ending with which I'm happy and yet isn't as ridiculous as what I had planned originally. However, I really scrambled to get this done before the deadline, and, as such, it will still need some work even as I start writing the script itself (hell, if I know that, then what's Professor Kaufhold gonna say? Oh well.).

There's probably a few logic errors in there, with some events possibly feeling forced. Dominic seems to be a giant Macguffin rather than an actual character, but I think it almost works. I'm sure I'll be told otherwise (understandably). Regardless, it's come a LONG way and given where it was, I'm fairly happy with it as of this moment. That could change as soon as tomorrow. Who knows? Oh, and I've probably got more ideas floating around for establishing Nate's character than I'll ever be able to get in (enough for an A&E Biography, probably), so it'll be interesting to see what gets cut out. Some parts of it will be easy to write and others will be quite difficult, but we'll cross those bridges when we get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment