Tuesday, September 28, 2010

While I'm stalling...

Might as well throw up some quick thoughts while I'm taking a break from doing the important stuff.

I screwed myself over as far as time goes (big surprise). Totally my fault. No excuses. I just suck and let myself get intimidated when I actually had time to work on it. Now, I'm fighting through other classes and trying to get this done at the same time. With that said, all that over-thinking has made some parts of writing it easier. The excessively frustrating part is that I still have a couple big events that I'm not sure how to make work logically within the story. I know what needs to happen, but how is another thing. I'm gonna have to hope that when I actually get to writing it, it makes more sense than it does in my head, just planning it. My biggest problem is keeping the love interest (Jess) relevant to the story and having her involved in what's going on.

I'm gonna do absolutely everything in my power to get this done on time, but I honestly don't know if it's gonna happen. It's not that I'm wildly obsessed with avoiding a hit in my grade, it's more a matter of personal pride since I know that I had plenty of time to do it. I don't want to have to deal with that kind of shame. If being frustrated and stressing out over a story counted for anything, then I'd be a huge success. I gotta stop letting my writing make me so miserable. But I guess it's too late for that on this go around. I just gotta get it done and hope that it makes some shred of sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment