Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Quick One (While He's Away) <--Who reference

While my awkwardness in getting moving on Act II is a small wonder (it still feels a little awkward), I'm feeling better now than I did at the time of my last posting. Like with the last section, I keep fluctuating between thinking I have not enough and too much. I think I started with too little and then came up with too much in an attempt to overcompensate. So it's actually more reflective of earlier drafts of the plot in that I may be trying to cram in too much. Then again, there's an equally good chance that I'm just fine.

I get the impression as I'm writing that my scenes are over-written and that the plot's sloppy, but that's what first drafts are for. As long as I can straighten it out later - hey, if I have too much, then it should just be a matter of taking away, right? Even so, there is a grand design to it all that I think makes it work. We'll see, it's still really early to comment on that sort of thing, as I'm not done. In fact, I'm slightly worried about meeting the deadline, but I'm sure I'll squeak by, as always.

EDIT: A few hours after posting this, I got really jumbled on potential plot points, all of which are cool in some ways, but flawed in others, and now I'm just frustrated that it isn't all magically perfect immediately. I'm really gonna have to be accepting of the "First drafts always suck," kind of mentality and hope that I find my story as I'm writing, because I know there's something awesome somewhere in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment