Monday, August 2, 2010

It has begun..

As of Friday when I sent in my opening sequence, I'm feeling good about writing this again, although I will admit that as of right now, I don't have the plot finely worked out or anything. That'll be a large part of the process of writing Act 1 for me - figuring out the rest of the plot.

My opening sequence basically featured Nate very suspiciously staking out two drug dealers who he believes to be connected to a local murder (we'll find out later that he suspects that they have info on Wrigley) when Jon shows up to give him a hand. A simple questioning turns into Nate having to chase the one guy down, which proves more difficult than expected. Nate gives as good as he gets, but is tempted to do the thug in even worse, prompting him to remember why he switched to Internal Affairs in the first place. Jon comes out unscathed. I tagged on a scene of Wrigley playfully showing off his martial arts skills back at the police station just to lead in to whatever I write next.

I've been studying different cop movies, as recommended by Professor Kaufhold, and still have a few more to go through. Production Workshop has held that up a bit, but it should be good.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful that you don't blow off the writing in favor of other courses. It's deceptively easy to get behind in this process.

    ReplyDelete